Hello Guys! I finally bought donut pans, of which I was dreaming since I moved to New York City.This city is now officially in the golden age of donuts, which definitely dethroned cupcakes. I really wanted to have baked ones though, which are definitely the way to go to slash the fat and calories.
These Baked Vanilla Donuts are super quick and easy to make.
I decided to make them even more desirable by turning them into a jam sandwiches. They were amazing! Disappeared in a second!
I know.. It’s been a while, I’m sorry. I had an extremely busy time at NYU, and was working really hard on my projects.
Baked Vanilla Donuts:
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract,
- 2 large eggs
- 1 – 1 1/3 cup milk
Cream Cheese Frosting:
I used the same one as I made for my Red Velvet Cake
- strawberry jam,
- colorful sprinkles
Baked Vanilla Donuts with jam
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter 2 doughnut tins and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, blend together melted butter, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs and milk.
- Adding milk, mix dry ingredients into the wet ones.
- Spoon batter into buttered doughnut wells, filling them about 1/4-inch from the rim.
- Bake in preheated oven 7 – 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool until lukewarm then dip in glaze [ RECIPE HERE ] and return to wire rack.
- Immediately top with sprinkles and allow glaze to set at room temperature.
- Gently cut each donut in half and spread it with the jam.