As you already know, I’m moving to New York City soon. I told you that I was accepted to one of universities in New York. Before announcing which one, I wanted to wait for admission decisions from each school I applied. Now, when I got accepted to six universities, I can finally tell you which one I picked. I am going to study Interactive Telecommunications at New York University! I am so happy! I am pretty sure that this university will give me a chance to develop my skills, learn new things and meet amazing people! Can’t wait to start learning again!
Today, I prepared this awesome cupcakes recipe. They are extremely tasty! This recipe is one of my favorites! I am sure that you’re going to love these Coffee Cupcakes. Gorgeously topped, with a sweet dulce la leche inside, these muffins are the perfect comforting treat!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee, chilled
- 1/2 cup dulce la leche (caramel)
icing and decoration:
- 500 g mascarpone
- 65 g condensed milk, sweetened
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176,67°C).
2. In large mixer bowl combine butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs, vanilla extract, flour and baking powder. Blend until incorporated.
4. Fill each prepared cupcake liner about 1/3 full, then place a teaspoonful of dulce la leche in the middle.
5. Cover with remaining batter ( to about two-thirds full).
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
1. Combine mascarpone with condensed milk.
2. Add cream to achieve the right consistency.
3. Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes.
1. Cook the sugar in pot at medium heat stirring constantly until sugar melts and turns a light amber colour.
2. When a golden amber colour is achieved, turn off heat.
3. Allow the mixture to stand for a minute or two, to thicken slightly.
3. Use a fork and dip it into the sugar and drizzle fast over a sheet pan to get the spun sugar effect.
4. Decorate the cupcakes.
Bon Appétit !