Easter is coming! Every year, my family eats the best cheesecake in the world. By saying that, I mean that we all love my grandmother’s traditional cheesecake. It’s creamy, covered with milk chocolate and topped with colored sprinkles. Our favorite! This year, I wanted to bake my own cheesecake as well. I decided to combine two of my favorite cakes – carrot cake and cheesecake. Believe me, this combination is amazing! The cake is very moist, soft, not too sweet. I can secretly tell you that my parents liked it better than my grandmother’s one… I am so so sorry granny…. Hopefully you won’t read this post.
- 17.6 oz (500 g) cream cheese,
- 4.9 oz (140 g) sugar,
- 2 eggs,
- 1.9 oz (110 g) yogurt,
- 5.6 oz (160 ml) single cream,
- 1 tbs cornstarch,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 14.8 oz (420 g) carrot, pureed
- 2 eggs,
- 6.2 oz (175 g) coconut oil,
- 7.8 oz (220 g) flour,
- 5.6 oz (160 g) sugar,
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp baking powder,
- 2.1 oz (60 g) ground hazelnuts,
- 2 łyżki lemon juice,
- 3 łyżki yogurt,
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg,
- 1/4 ginger
- 17.6 oz (500 g) mascarpone,
- 2.8 oz (80 g) condensed milk, sweetened
- 4.2 oz (120 ml) whipping cream,
- crushed walnuts
1. In the stand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
2. Add eggs one a time, yogurt, cream vanilla extract and cornstarch. Beat until fully incorporated.
3. Set aside.
1. In another bowl combine carrot puree, sugar, eggs, yogurt, lemon juice and coconut oil.
2. Mix with flour and baking powder.
3. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Stir until combined.
1. Preheat the oven to 329°F (165°C).
2. Spread 1/3 of carrot cake batter over bottom of greased 10.2″ spring form pan.
3. Drop cheesecake batter over carrot cake batter by spoonfuls.
4. Top with spoonfuls of remaining carrot cake batter.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 25 minutes.
6. Turn oven off, but leave cake in for another hour. Don’t open the oven.
7. Chill overnight.
1. Mix together mascarpone, condensed milk and whipping cream.
2. Frost the the entire cake.
3. Decorate sides of the cake with crushed walnuts.
Chill before serving.