The best dessert I’ve recently baked! (I write this way too often.., I know…) This Chocolate Cheesecake is sinfully rich and chocolately. It melts in your mouth, it’s delicious and indulging. Smooth, fudgy, decadent. For all the chocolate and cheesecake lovers out there, I’ve got you covered! Be careful though, this cheesecake disappears in the blink of an eye!
- 200 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tbs cocoa
- 12 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips,
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar,
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs cornstarch
3/4 – 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter an 8 inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl combine butter and sugar, then add eggs, cocoa and flour.
- Place mixture in a pan and press firmly into bottom.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
1. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave over low heat for about 40 seconds. Stir it around with a spoon and return the bowl to the microwave oven.
3. Microwave the chocolate in shorter intervals of say 10-20 seconds, stir in between. Repeat the process until chocolate becomes velvety smooth and shiny.
4. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, and cornstarch.
5. Add chocolate, and egg, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over the crust.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes or until center is set.
7. Cool in the oven for at least 1 hour.
8. Cover and refrigerate for an hour before covering with the chocolate.
9. Cool before serving.