Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve been here. It was a crazy finals time. NYU became my home lately. Every day I’ve been working on my school projects, which turned out pretty well! Especially, I’m happy about my coding project, which you can see here:
also, here is my first After Effect attempt, so please, be understanding:
the rest is gonna show up on my portfolio website marcelanowak.com
Anyway, December 7th was my birthday, so I baked myself a cake. Decided on simple, chocolate & coffee flavors, which my friends would enjoy. Because of the finals, I spent my special day cutting acrylic pieces, soldering and drilling in the workshop. I had no choice but to bring my Chocolate Coffee Cake to school and organize a mini party there! Obviously, the cake has disappeared in a few seconds!
- 2⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder,
- ⅔ cup heavy cream,
- 1¼ cup freshly brewed coffee,
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbs powdered peanut butter,
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 250g room temperature butter, cubed
- 400g confectioner sugar
- 5 tablespoons of brewed coffee (cold)
- 2 tbs instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbs peanut butter,
- 3-5 tbs heavy cream
8 oz dark chocolate, chopped,
1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Butter one 8-inch round cake pan.
2. In a large bowl combine sugar and butter. Add eggs, heavy cream, coffee and vanilla extract. Stir to mix.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sieved flour, pinch of salt, baking powder, baking soda, peanut butter powder and cocoa.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until evenly distributed.
5. Pour the batter into prepared cake pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 70-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and butter.
- Dissolve coffee powder in a brewed coffee, combine with vanilla extract.
- Mix all the ingredients, add heavy cream to achieve a right consistency.
- Cut a cake into four layers.
- Put your first cake layer on the plate, and spread the 1/5 frosting evenly across layer.
- Put the second cake layer on top, frost.
- Repeat with the rest of your layers.
- Frost entire outside of cake with a chocolate frosting.
- Chill until the frosting begins to firm-up, about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate, and butter in the microwave.
- Stir the glaze to release excess heat.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of the glaze over the cake.
- Smooth it out to the edges.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set the glaze.
- Remove from the refrigerator and slowly pour the rest of the glaze over the cake.
- Decorate with remaining frosting and Ferrero Rocher