These cute chocolate cupcakes are simply delicious! Moist and light chocolate cupcakes stuffed with marshmallows and topped with strawberry and whipped cream frosting! Cupcakes have never tasted so good!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rum
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree,
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter,
- 2 1/2- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar,
- few drops of red coloring (optional)
whipped cream frosting:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a second bowl beat the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light in color. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour in milk, rum and whisk to combine.
- Add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and beat on medium speed.
- Fill each prepared cupcake liner about 1/3 full, then place 1 big or few tiny marshmallows in the middle.
- Cover with remaining batter. The batter shouldn’t reach the top of the liner.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- After few minutes, remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
1. Pour strawberry puree to a small saucepan. Heat mixture over medium heat, and simmer for about 10 – 14 minutes
2. Pour reduced puree into a small bowl, then freeze until cool.
3. In the medium bowl whip the butter until fluffy.
4. Add cooled strawberry puree, powdered sugar red food coloring.
5. Mix until combined. Add more powdered sugar if needed to reach desired consistency.
1. In a small pan, combine gelatin and cold water. Let stand until thick.
2. Place over low heat, stirring constantly, just until the gelatin dissolves.
3. Remove from heat and cool, but do not allow it to set.
4. Whip the cream with the icing sugar, until slightly thick.
5. While slowly beating, add the gelatin to whipping cream.
6. Whip at high speed until stiff.