Hello there! I’ve been craving traditional, simple chocolate cupcakes for a long time. But, after a quick glimpse into my fridge, I realized that I did have some interesting ingredients to make something even more tastier! Why not combine mint and chocolate !? I totally adore this duet! I also added a little bit of “spirit” to my cupcakes. They turned out to be amazing! Bake them and I’m pretty sure that your party guests will appreciate this dessert a lot!
chocolate mint cupcakes:
- 3.2 oz chocolate
- 4 oz butter,
- 2 cup flour,
- 1,5 cup sugar,
- 1/2 cup milk,
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup cocoa powder,
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder,
- 1 tsp baking soda,
- 1/2 cup vodka,
- 1/4 cup mint liqueur,
- 1 tsp salt
whipped cream frosting:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the medium bowl beat the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light in color. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.Pour in liqueur and vodka and whisk to combine.
- Add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and beat on medium speed.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins. The batter should almost reach the top of the liner.
- Bake in preheated oven 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few clinging crumbs.
- After few minutes, remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
1. In a small pan, combine gelatin and cold water. Let stand until thick.
2. Place over low heat, stirring constantly, just until the gelatin dissolves.
3. Remove from heat and cool, but do not allow it to set.
4. Whip the cream with the icing sugar, until slightly thick.
5. While slowly beating, add the gelatin to whipping cream.
6. Whip at high speed until stiff.
7. Transfer into the piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes.
8. Decorate with mint chocolates.