My father’s favorite cheesecake. Seriously, he is the biggest halva fan I’ve ever seen. He totally loves it, and when it’s around…. it’s not around for a long time..These rectangular blocks taste sweet, nutty, and consists mainly of sesame paste and sugar.
In this cheesecake, you can feel rich taste of tahini paste. I personally love the texture of halva pieces. This dessert would be perfect as a birthday cake! It’s so tasty!
- 6.35 oz (180 g) flour,
- 6.35 oz (180 g) butter,
- 1 egg,
- 4.4 oz (125 g) sugar,
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 4 tbs cocoa powder
- 2.2 oz ( 1kg ) cream cheese,
- 5 eggs,
- 7.5 oz (200 g) whipping cream,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 2 tsp vanilla extract,
- 2,5 tbs cornstarch,
- 15.2 oz (430 g) halva pieces
- 250 g halva
- 190 g whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
2. Lightly coat a 10.2 inch springform pan with butter.
3. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, egg and soft butter.
4. Place mixture in a pan and press firmly into bottom.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 16-20 minutes. Allow to cool.
1. Preheat the oven to 338°F (170°C).
2. Place the cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.
3. Mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
4. Add sugar and vanilla extract, beat for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
6. Add whipping cream and cornstarch.
7. Process the mixture until smooth. Stir in halva pieces.
8. Pour the batter into the pan, over the bottom layer.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
10. Turn off the oven, but leave the cake in for another hour. Don’t open the oven.
11. Chill overnight.
- Blend halva pieces with whipping cream.
- Transfer into a medium pot.
- Cook slowly, stirring constantly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Frost the cheesecake.