I’d like to share a happy news with you guys! I won a TOUCH coffee brewer in a wonderful giveaway hosted by Grace from a lovely blog ‘Southern Grace‘ ! The coffee tastes really, really great! I didn’t managed to take any good pictures yet, but I promise to do it as soon as it’s possible! I will write about the brewer in the next post. It’s so beautiful and convenient! I am so happy and excited ! (Probably that’s why I’m writing this post at 5 am…) Thank you so much Grace! You made me the happiest person on the planet Earth!
Now… time for something sweet!….These cheesecake bars are to die for! Not overly sweet, refreshing and sublimely lemony. They literally melt in your mouth ! You just can’t go go wrong with a combination of crispy buttery base, rich lemon cheesecake and lusciously smooth lemon spread! The recipe is easy to follow and the final effect is amazing! I’d gently suggest to double the ingredients! This dessert disappears immediately!
- 200 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 16 oz cream cheese,
- juice squeezed out of 2 lemons,
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 1 1/2 tbs cornstarch,
- 2 eggs,
- 2 yolks
- juice squeezed out of 4-5 lemons ,
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar,
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly coat a 8 inch square pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl combine butter and sugar, then add eggs and flour.
- If the dough is very sticky, wrap it in cling wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place mixture in a pan and press firmly into bottom. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and flour.
- Add egg and yolks, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in the oven for at least 1 hour.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemons, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Gradually add lemon juice, beating at low speed just until blended
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high for 5 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
- Microwave, stirring at 30-second intervals, 1 to 2 more minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Pour the curd over the cheesecake, set aside and chill for few hours.
Bon Appetit and Good Morning!