If you like tropical flavors, you’re gonna love these flavorful coconut and lemon cupcakes! This is my idea for an amazing summer treat, which you can put in your picnic basket. Cupcakes are moist and delicious! You won’t need more than 30 minutes to prepare them. Moreover, you won’t need more than 10 minutes to clean the kitchen and enjoy this holiday flavor!
- 300 g flour,
- 4 eggs,
- 245 ml milk,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 170 g butter, melted
- 100 g sweetened coconut flakes,
- zest out of 1 lemon,
- 2-3 tbs lemon juice,
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar,
- 1 tbs butter, softened,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract,
- 1 tbs milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
3. Place all ingredients except sweetened coconut flakes in a mixer bowl and mix on medium speed until well incorporated.
4. Stir in sweetened coconut flakes.
5. Fill each prepared cupcake liner.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Open the oven and wait for 10 minutes, then chill the cupcakes on the cooling rack.
1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, butter, milk and vanilla.
2. Beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
3. Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes.