These cupcakes are so tropical. Rich Coconut and Mango Cupcakes with a hint of a lemon buttercream. Is there anything better? I know that winter is coming, but I couldn’t resist baking something more refreshing. I noticed some gorgeous mangos in the grocery store, and immediately wanted to carry them into my recipe. Decided to pair them with desiccated coconut flakes.
Also, I’ve never baked with a greek yogurt before, so decided to give it a try as well! Cupcakes turned out to be moist, not oversweet – delicious! You should definitely give this recipe a try!
- 5.8 oz peeled mango pieces,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick of butter,
- 10 tbs greek yogurt,
- 2 cups flour,
- 1 1/3 cup sugar,
- 1 cup sweetened coconut,
- 2 tsp baking powder,
- 1/3 tbs baking soda,
- 3-3 tbs lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups butter,
- 6 cups confectioners sugar,
- 2 lemons,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract,
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 356° F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In another bowl, combine sugar, butter, yogurt, milk, eggs, and pureed mango.
- Add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and beat on medium speed.
- Fill each prepared cupcake liner about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Place butter in large bowl.
- Beat on low 30 seconds.
- Add sugar about a cup at a time, beating on low between each addition.
- Add lemon juice & vanilla extract.
- Beat on medium speed until the mixture is light and smooth
- If frosting is too thick, add 1 tbs of milk.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes.
- Decorate with mango & apple slices.