Hello everybody! Welcome to my new domain! I decided to leave tortadellafiglia.com and look for a more accessible, memorable name. After some thought and lots of great feedback from my school friends I decided on TASTEFOLIO.
I hope that you will like it!
These Spicy Chocolate Chip cupcakes are perfect for the fall weather! When baking them, the smell in the kitchen is divine. The gentle aroma of spices marries perfectly with the sweetness of a maple syrup and small chocolate chips inside are a welcome textural surprise. Cupcakes are moist, soft and very delicious. Perfect for any type of party!
- 2¼ cups flour,
- 3/4- 1 cup maple syrup,
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 3/4 tsp salt,
- 2 tsp baking powder,
- 1/3 tsp baking soda,
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon,
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger,
- ½ cup vegetable oil,
- ½ cup milk,
- 1 tbs vanilla extract,
- 1 egg,
- ⅓ cup heavy cream,
- chocolate chips
Cinnamon, coffee & spices icing:
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature,
- 3 3/4cups powdered sugar,
- 3 – 4 tbs milk,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract,
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger,
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice,
- 1-2 tbs peanut butter,
- mini pretzels to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 356° F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, all spice and ginger.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, vegetable oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cream, milk and egg.
- Add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and beat on medium speed.
- Add chocolate chips and gently stir.
- Fill each prepared cupcake liner about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Dissolve coffee in milk, set aside.
- Place butter in large bowl.
- Beat on low 30 seconds.
- Add sugar about a cup at a time, beating on low between each addition.
- Add coffee & milk mixture, peanut butter, vanilla extract, all spice, ginger and cinnamon.
- Beat on medium speed until the mixture is light and smooth
- If frosting is too thick, add 1 tbs of milk.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes.
- Decorate with salted mini pretzels.