I love naked cakes! I love their dirty look, fresh fruit flavor and a delicate sponge cake. These refreshing, fruity cakes are perfect for summer, so I decided to do one with fresh strawberries and blueberries! I’ve never bake it before, so I thought it might be a nice challenge to try something new. Can’t wait to make a chocolate version of this lovely cake! I couldn’t wait to share the recipe and photos with you, guys! I hope you enjoy! Have a great Wednesday!
- 300 g butter, softened
- 300 g sugar
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 1,5 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- strawberries (sliced)
- strawberries cut in half for the top layer
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter, soft
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Raspberries or strawberries for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Grease 8-inch pan.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
4. In another bowl beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add vanilla extract and milk and mix.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until evenly distributed.
6. Pour the batter into prepared cake pan.
7. Bake in preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
1. Place soft butter and sugar in mixer and beat on medium speed till combined.
2. Add vanilla paste and whipping cream. Mix till light and fluffy.
1. Cut a cake into three layers.
2. Put your first cake layer on the plate, and spread the vanilla evenly across layer.
3. Place prepared fruits on top of frosting. Add second layer of cake and repeat frosting and fruits. Make sure each layer of cake is centered and even.
4. Put the final cake layer on the top.
5. Decorate top layer with more frosting and sliced strawberries, fresh fruit.
6. To finish,make the cake’s side dirty.Spread a thin coating of frosting on the sides of the cake, then scrape it off.
6. Chill until the frosting begins to firm-up, about 30 minutes.