World Nutella Day is coming! On 5th of February all Nutella fans come together to celebrate their passion for this yummy spread on social media through photos, recipes, poems, and messages. This year I decided to try a few recipes before the actual celebration.
I can’t believe it’s taken me until now to make it, but this Nutella Cheesecake with Coffee is absolutely amazing. It’s sinfully creamy, sweet, having hints of nuttiness and coffee. Basing on my favorite Chocolate Cheesecake recipe, I decided to combine favorite hazelnut spread of my childhood and another flavor I love – coffee. These two ingredients really do make a regular cheesecake so much more better!
- 200 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tbs cocoa
- 7.2 ounces nutella,
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar,
- 3 eggs,
- 3 tbs instant coffee,
- 1/2 cup heavy cream,
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter an 8 inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl combine butter and sugar, then add eggs, cocoa and flour.
- Place mixture in a pan and press firmly into bottom.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, nutella sugar, and cornstarch.
- Dissolve coffee in a few spoons of heavy cream. Add it to the cheese mixture.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in the oven for at least 1 hour.
- Bring cream to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Spread evenly over top of cheesecake.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over chocolate, press gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour before covering with the chocolate.
- Cool before serving