Hello everybody! It’s been a crazy week! I’m moving to a new apartment in NYC, so most of my time I spent packing, planning and cleaning. Don’t worry. I’m gonna have a pretty good oven in a new apt too! Can’t wait to test it out 🙂
Today, I’d like to share my Nutella Cupcakes recipe. I have to say, it’s one of my favorites. Cupcakes are moist, delicate, with lots of Nutella flavor, topped with a smooth, creamy chocolate frosting. To make their taste and appearance better, I decorated them with coconut flakes and white chocolate on top. Believe me, once you try this recipe, you will be baking these gorgeous cupcakes over and over again!
- 2 1/3 cup flour,
- 145 g butter,
- 120 g sugar,
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 cup milk,
- 1/3 tsp salt,
- 2-4 tbs instant coffee,
- 1/2 cup Nutella,
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 tsp baking soda,
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate,
- less than 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ sticks unsalted butter
- ½ tbs vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- sweetened coconut flakes,
- white chocolate to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a second bowl beat the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light in color. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour in milk, heavy cream, add Nutella and whisk to combine.
- Add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and beat on medium speed.
- Fill each prepared cupcake liner about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- In a large pot, on medium heat, heat the milk ( don’t let it boil ).
- Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar
- Whisk until smooth and free of lumps. Set aside to cool to about lukewarm.
- Beat butter until smooth. Add salt and mix to combine. Switch mixer speed to low and gradually pour the sugar mixture. Beat until well combined.
- Add the chocolate and vanilla extract and mix well. Slightly increase speed and beat frosting.
- Apply the frosting around the sides of the cupcake, using the offset spatula, leaving a “well” in the center. (I had to cut the sides of the cupcakes)
- Roll or press the frosted sides of the cupcake into sweetened coconut flakes.
- Then, pipe the rest of frosting onto the cupcakes. Decorate with white chocolate.
Bon Appétit !