Delicious and nourishing kale tart. My family loves it. Perfect for lunch or dinner. Feel free to have the tart heated when serving. We love it this way. Decided to add kale, which is loaded with nutrients. This tart recipe is a tasty vegetarian dish that will appease all of your guests’ appetites.
- 1 cup spelt flour,
- 3/4 all purpose flour,
- 150 g soft butter,
- 1 egg,
- 2,5 tbs yogurt,
- bunch of kale,
- canola oil,
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced,
- 1 1/2 peeled and sliced carrot,
- 1/2 pomegranate, peeled and seeds separated,
- 1 tbs apple vinegar,
- 1/3 apple, sliced,
- 3 eggs,
- 100g mozzarella cheese,
- olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
2. In large mixer bowl combine butter and both flours.
3. Add eggs, yogurt, salt and pepper. Blend until incorporated.
4 . Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tart pan.
5. Place a large piece of tin foil over the dough and put a cup or two of dried beans or rice over this. It will weight down the pastry.
6. Bake the pastry for about 15 minutes, then remove from the oven. Set aside.
filling and assembly:
1. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add onions, and cook until nicely browned and very soft.
3. Add sliced carrot and chopped kale leaves. Sauté over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Combine eggs, vinegar and herbs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
6. Pour egg mixture into tart add kale, onion and carrots, decorate with sliced apple and pomegranate seeds.
7. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
8. Drizzle olive oil on top.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.