I love homemade burger buns! They’re delicious, warm and much healthier than store bought! This recipe is perfect for those of you, who don’t have much time, but want to prepare a ‘healthy fast food’ from scratch. Easy to make and economical, these buns will make your guests feel amazing! You can use this recipe to make either hamburger buns or hot dog buns.The whole process takes less than 45 minutes and is almost as easy as making a trip to the store.
Ingredients: (for 10 buns)
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups flour,
- 1 package rapid yeast,
- 1 cup warm water,
- 1/3 cup canola oil,
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg,
- 1-2 tbs milk,
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add oil and sugar and let stand until mixture is foamy (about 10 minutes).
3. Add the egg, salt and flour.
4. Fit a dough hook onto stand mixer and knead the dough on low speed until soft and sticky.
5. Transfer onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
6. Divide into 10 pieces and shape each into a ball.
7. Arrange buns about 3″ apart on prepared baking sheet.
8. Cover and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
9. Whisk 1 egg with 2 tbs of milk.
10. Gently brush the buns with egg mixture, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
11. Bake at 425° for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Cool on baking rack.