This is one of my favorite cakes. If you’re tired of creamy, heavy and chocolaty desserts, this cake is definitely a keeper of a recipe ! This Strawberry Cake recipe is perfect for those looking for a fresh strawberry and blueberry flavors coming from scratch ingredients.
Preparation won’t take more than 30 minutes! Great for birthday parties.
- 3/4 cup flour,
- 1/4 cup potato starch,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 5 eggs,
+ strawberries for decoration
- 14.1 oz (400 g) Mascaropne,
- 11.8 (350 ml) chilled double cream,
- ok. 1/3 cup strawberries and blackberry mousse,
- 8-9 tbs caster sugar,
- 2 tsp gelatin powder,
- boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 320-338°F (160-170°C).
2. Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
3. Gradually add the sugar and eggs.
4. Sieve both flours, combine with the rest.
5. Pour the batter into prepared 20 cm round cake pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
7. Cool the cake, cut horizontally into 3 layers.
1. Dissolve gelatin powder in few tbs of boiling water.
2. In a medium bowl whip double cream, combine with mascarpone, fruit mousse and castor sugar.
3. Add dissolved gelatine to the mixture, stir until smooth.
1. Put your first layer on the cake board, spread about 1/4 frosting evenly across layer.
2. Put the second cake layer on top and repeat with another layer of frosting.
3. Put the final cake layer top-down.
4. Frost the cake with the rest of the cream.
5. Decorate with strawberries sliced to half
6.Chill the cake until the frosting border firms up, at least 30 minutes.