This Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad with Cranberry is perfectly balanced, healthy, and delicious.
As much as I am not a huge fan of normal potatoes, I’m obsessed with the sweet ones. I love their color, sweet bland taste and a thicker texture.
They taste perfectly paired with rosemary and red onion. I decided to serve it with red quinoa and cranberry.
Addition of walnuts was my go-to way to add crunch to salad. It was very pretty to serve, easy to make, and delicious to eat.
I served it to my friends on at BBQ party. Nobody among us was vegetarian, but everyone seemed to enjoy the unique flavor of this Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad.
Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad:
2 large sweet potatoes, chopped,
1/2 medium red onion, chopped,
rosemary olive oil,
2-3 cups fresh arugula,
4- 5 tbs balsamic vinegar,
1 cup uncooked red quinoa,
3/4 cup dried cranberries,
1/3 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place sweet potatoes and chopped onion in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with rosemary olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss together and then put them on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir a few times while baking.
- Rinse quinoa.
- Bring 2 cups of water and sea salt to a boil in a medium heavy saucepan.
- Add the quinoa, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place arugula, cranberries, quinoa and crushed walnuts in the medium bowl, drizzle with olive oil,mix well.
- When the vegetables are done roasting, let them cool a little bit and add to the salad.
- Add balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Decorate each plate with walnuts.