Hello! How are you guys? Today I have something for vegans! This vegan cheesecake is both pretty and very tasty! However you decide to carve your zebra cake, this styling of any sort is pretty much a guaranteed no-fail dress to impress dessert! Moreover, I served the cheesecake to my friends and they couldn’t believe there’s no real cream cheese inside! I totally LOVE IT!
PS. This is not the first time I baked a Vegan Cheesecake. Here’s a Pistachio Tofu Cheesecake (click)
- 155 g ground almonds,
- 100 g flour,
- 4- 5 tbs coconut oil,
- 5,5 tbs sugar
- 3 tbs cocoa,
- 820 g tofu,
- 60 g coconut cream,
- 4 tbs coconut oil,
- 50 g cornstarch,
- 130 g sugar,
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 10 sugar with vanilla
- 1 1/2 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight in the refrigerator
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly coat a 8 inch springform pan with butter.
3. Combine flour, almonds, sugar and coconut oil.
4. Place mixture in a pan and press firmly into bottom.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Place the tofu in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.
3. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
4. Add the sugar, sugar with vanilla, cornstarch, lemon juice and coconut oil beat for 2 minutes more.
5. Transfer a half of the batter, mix with cocoa powder. Process the mixture until smooth.
6. Using pour few scoops of vanilla mixture into pan (over the bottom layer). Now alternate and pour few scoops of cocoa mixture on top of vanilla mixture. Continue to alternate between vanilla and chocolate layers until bundt pan is filled.
9. Bake in 320°F (160°C) for 45-55 minutes.
11. Turn oven off, but leave cake in for another hour. Don’t open the oven.
12. Chill overnight.
1. Open the can and scoop the thick, creamy white part off the top.
2. In a large bowl, whip the coconut cream on high until firm peaks form.
3. Add sugar and vanilla extract. Mix gently.
4. Decorate the cake.